How to make Easy and pretty healthy ground turkey over rice

http://cooking-trends.blogspot.com/

This is something I make when I am lazy and looking for a quick and simple meal. I only call it healthy because it has lots of veggies and I am not adding additional salt or oils. The amount of veggies helps you feel full without all of the calories.

Veggies are 0 points for weight watchers so you would only have to count the calories/fat from the meat and rice. In my case, the whole meal was under 5 points.
heat up pan (use oil if you do not have a non stick) + cook the meat
add soy sauce + rice wine + water + cumin
add all of the chopped up veggies (your choice to add all green onions, half or none)
simmer until everything is cooked thoroughly
add on top of rice and sprinkle uncooked green onions on top

Ingredients

I basically added what I had left over in the fridge :) please feel free to change it up and add more of less of whatever you want! :)
the below what was in the pictured product
ground turkey or pork (1lb)
cilantro (half of the bundle)
red mild chili pepper
onion (half, chopped)
green pepper (whole, chopped)
mushrooms (about 12 chopped)
soy sauce (enough)
1/2 cup of water
rice wine (1/2 the amount of soysauce)
pepper (salt if you'd like too)
sprinkle of cumin (optional)
green onions chopped (save for later)
egg (optional)
additional ingredients that I have added in the past that also works
garlic
spinach (chopped)
shiitake mushrooms

0 comments:

Post a Comment